Backroads Touring – KANSAS!
May 20-22, 2022
Adventure Touring In The Flint Hills
• No Registration or Fees
• Lodging is also available in Eureka.
• FREE Camping is available at Eureka City Lake in the Phillips Cabin area, and the Cabin will be available with full kitchen and restrooms. The cabin does not have showers, which are available at lake entrance.
• No RV hookups, but there’s plenty of parking!
The rally point at the City Park on the south end of Eureka, off of Main Street, with Riders Meeting at 8:30AM and Kickstands Up at 9AM. Coffee, Pastries, and Water will be provided at the Rally Point on May 21 by CMA.
Please bring a completed Ride Waiver, available for download at http://backroadstouring.org/downloads/waiver.pdf
There will be four ride formats on May 21, and impromptu rides on May 20 and May 22.
It is recommended that riders review/prepare routes of the region. Patrol ride preference, leadership, and direction will be determined at the rally point early morning May 21.
Ride formats include:
a.) An “advanced” and challenging ride on primarily minimum maintenance roads. Fastest ride pace.
b.) A moderately technical “intermediate” ride on gravel and minimum maintenance roads. Quick ride pace.
c.) A “scenic” ride for both novice and experienced riders. Dirt, gravel and some asphalt roads. This ride can include long sections of open-range riding and numerous scenic stops. Modest ride pace.
d.) Self-guided ride. Bring your maps, GPS, and friends.
* Lodging & camping fees are the responsibility of attendees.
To discuss, please visit:
* All motorcycles used must be licensed and tagged for street/highway use.
* Helmet use is a requirement on all ‘Backroads Touring – KANSAS!’ sponsored rides.
* Ranchers appreciate quieter exhaust systems on roads crossing open rangeland. Please ride respectfully!