The real 2021 Kansas Dual Sport Safari

• 0 replies

Offline danehicks

• +0/-0
    • Kansas Dual Sport Safari
The real 2021 Kansas Dual Sport Safari
« on: February 08, 2021, 06:27:49 PM »
It's 9 freaking degrees outside right now.

But come Safari time, it'll be 79 with no humidity. No deer, no dust, no railroad spikes, nobody wads up his bike in a corner ravine. The birds will be singing, rainbows and butterflies will abound. My hair may even grow back.

So mark your calendars now... June 18-19 in sunny Garnett, Ks. One of Kansas' pre-eminent road/trail rides with Saturday breakfast and Saturday night steak dinner with all the trimmings- all included in your registration fee. It's a fund raiser for our local Lions Club and our VFW post. Hey, it beats the heck out of BINGO night.

We have combed the region for the best gravel/mm road rides AND the best ride leaders; also, we WILL have trail rides this year despite the kerfuffal over a few pinheads from last year who don't know how to act like guests on someone else's land. We have awesome natural features, cool Bleeding Kansas historic sites and a town/entertainment community that thinks our riders are the greatest thing since pop-top beer. Like every other year since we started in 2018, it's going to be an awesome time.

Last year we hosted our ride while every other outdoor event was being cancelled due to Covid, and we had a record number of riders. This year, short of the governor showing up and stealing all our spark plugs, we'll be kickstands up at 9 a.m. on ride day. If you're concerned about your health, take your own individual protective measures or stay home.

Scoop sheet with registration info, lodging etc., is at this link, and you can register conveniently online:

https://www.garnett-ks.com/2021scoopsheet.pdf
https://www.cognitoforms.com/GarnettLionsClub/KansasDualSportSafari2021

If you have any questions drop me a line at dualsportsafari@garnett-ks.com or buzz me at (785) 304-3870. I hope to see you there!