• Kansas Dual Sport Safari 2018: June 01, 2018 - June 03, 2018

Kansas Dual Sport Safari 2018 Garnett, Kansas

• 56 replies

Offline hbadventure

• +6/-1
    • Suzuki DR 650
Kansas Dual Sport Safari 2018 Garnett, Kansas
« on: February 28, 2018, 09:21:44 AM »
It is official. We are doing this. JUNE 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.  We have routes for all skill level of riders, on gravel and on trails. We have a tree canopy, bridges and rivers route. A Hills, Hollers and Trails covering trails and roads to get to more trails. Working on others depending on the number we get signed up. Plenty of routes to see and good times to be had. Our ride area sits in what my father calls "Lap Land" where Missouri laps over into Kansas just a bit. From Garnett you can go just east and be in the hills and hollers, or just west and be at the walkway to the flint hills. So we have a little of everything which we intend to ride!

Remember we are raising money for the Lion's Club vision projects. Never knew how important their work was until I hit 40 and started to loose my vision!

Feel free to print and post the banners, spread the word! We will have a great time and you will want to come back.

Check out the band, yes I am the singer be gentle show us some love!  https://www.facebook.com/frckansas/?ref=bookmarks we will be playing the night away after the ride on Saturday.

Registration website is www.cognitoforms.com/garnettlionsclub/registration

Garnett recreation flier is part of attachment covers camping accommodations and lodging information for Garnett.  Also for all registered riders there is a special rate at The Kirk House of $60.00/night check it out here http://www.thekirkhouse.net/

I hope to see many of you there and to make new friends! If you have questions feel free to PM me!  Ride Safe
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 02:43:18 PM by hbadventure »
There is absolutely no excuse for what I am about to do.

Offline Savage

• +1/-0
  • NE KS
Re: Kansas Dual Sport Safari 2018 Garnett, Kansas
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 07:01:37 PM »
Looks great!  Thanks for organizing it!
Husqvarna TE250, KTM 250 XCFW, Kawasaki KLX300, Honda XR250R, Suzuki RM125, GasGas 280 TXT Pro, KX 85, CRF 80, CRF 70

Offline Nick Bright

• Server Admin
  • +9/-0
  • The orange Kool-Aid tastes good!
    • KTM 790 ADV-R
Kansas Dual Sport Safari 2018
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 05:09:21 PM »
Posting to Calendar per request from hbadventure. Looks like a great event!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 05:11:18 PM by Nick Bright »
KTM 790 Adventure R

Offline hbadventure

• +6/-1
    • Suzuki DR 650
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 08:00:49 PM »
Thanks Nick! After a weekend of exploring and mapping we definitely have some great riding planned!

Offline Derek

• Turbo retro-encabulator
  • +2/-0
    • [various loud orange bikes]
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 06:18:47 AM »
This looks AWESOME! Thanks for putting it together! I'll see you guys there!
Growing up is optional

Offline ajayhawkfan

• +3/-0
    • 2015 1200BMW GSA
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 02:42:41 PM »
Normally, I'm at my place in Blue Mound on weekends, however that weekend I may be in Oklahoma.  If anything changes, I'll be there.

Offline wichita_zeb

• +0/-0
  • 316-204-6749
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2018, 11:07:40 AM »
Looks like a great ride.  I'm putting it on my radar.
KTM690, WR250R

Offline wichita_zeb

• +0/-0
  • 316-204-6749
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 10:53:17 AM »
I registered they other day.  I'm in!!!
KTM690, WR250R

Offline hbadventure

• +6/-1
    • Suzuki DR 650
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2018, 10:27:25 AM »
Ok so the Lions Club has thrown in a little "Lure" to get people to register before hand. Early registration people (By May 18th) will get a Steak Dinner prepared as a part of their fee! These ol' Boys can cook! Routes, trails and  roads are being finalized and I want to thank ajayhawkfan (Edward ) and Larry Webber for the assistance and wisdom in preparing routes and for just being good guys! Also thanks to Scott, Kevin, Dane and Vic for helping me map trails! 
So please go register before May 18th, it will help us out a LOT and we can make it the best it can be if we get a good idea how many are coming! We are doing our best to make this a fun event with great people and plenty of entertainment for everyone to have a good time.

Where else can you drop $80 and get a T-shirt, breakfast, a steak dinner, live entertainment from 3 bands, and a personalized tour of south eastern Kansas on two wheels?

If you can't figure out the website for registration call 785-304-3870 or send an email to dualsportsafari@garnett-ks.com we will help you out.

One last thing. We have had several inquiries about "non-registered" or "atv" inclusion in the event and the answer is no, every route (including the trails "mostly" route)  will include public roads and require you vehicle to be licensed and insured.

Offline Derek

• Turbo retro-encabulator
  • +2/-0
    • [various loud orange bikes]
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 10:14:55 AM »
Just registered! The steak dinner did it for me! haha!
Growing up is optional

Offline asis

• +4/-0
    • 18' KLX 250
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 07:33:31 PM »
Well no confirmation yet until I check my bank balance and hope it passed :P But looks like I am in as well.

Any place to park an RV around this?
05' KLR 650
18' KLX 250

Offline hbadventure

• +6/-1
    • Suzuki DR 650
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 08:56:22 PM »
Yes there is a place for many campers and tent camping with showers etc. So I just pulled this from google earth and put some pins in it cause that is about the limit of my tech abilities. We will be at the ride hq on the map but if you look at this map we are at the Garnett North Lake complex which includes a golf course, a Frisbee golf course, a competition ski lake (one event per year) and the road that goes around it is still used as a race track for unlimited shifter carts, and once a year we host a track day for race cars, and last but not least we have a pretty huge concert called Cornstock. I am not saying that a motorcycle has broken the speed limit on this road occasionally, but my house is right across 59 highway. It is fun! But it is a public road outside of events! So "obey the traffic laws". The idea is to have everything in one spot so it is easy for everyone to get to the event, camp if they want and hotels are within walking distance (at least the one on 59 hwy) and walking distance to campers or tents. Safety first right! I will attempt to put some links below for some of these events and services. My original post had an attachment wich outlined the camping and who to contact for that. Also for those of you that are going to hang around for a bit on Sunday. On the below camping link there is also an area called the Cedar Valley Reservoir, this is about 5 miles west of town. It has camper hookups and tent camping. It also hosts some pretty knarley trails! They are mostly used by horses, but if you are really good you might make it! These trails are NOT BIG BIKE FRIENDLY!!!

http://www.lggpr.org/ Lake Garnett Grand Prix Race
https://www.simplygarnett.com/kart-track.html  Go Kart Race
http://www.accornfest.com/  Cornstock Concert
https://www.simplygarnett.com/parks---facilities.html  City of Garnett Camping Links

Offline will_kc

• Have KLR will travel
  • +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2018, 04:40:22 AM »
I am in!
Registered and ready to ride! 
Is there any way we can special order T-shirt sizes?  like XXL Tall.
As Eddie would say "I am the only guy he has seen that makes a KLR look small."
07 KLR 30K and it's still going strong.
20 KLX 230 - The little green machine.

Offline hbadventure

• +6/-1
    • Suzuki DR 650
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 02:40:14 PM »
I am in!
Registered and ready to ride! 
Is there any way we can special order T-shirt sizes?  like XXL Tall.
As Eddie would say "I am the only guy he has seen that makes a KLR look small."
Great to have you join us. I have put in the special request. I can't guarantee, but we will certainly try. Hate to disappoint a man of that size!  :)

Offline Kingrider

• +2/-0
    • 2015 KTM 690 Enduro R
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 10:22:24 AM »
Just finished my registration. Becky and I are both coming up for the Safari.

We're looking forward to the ride.
Kingrider
2015 KTM 690 Enduro R
2020 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro