Hello from Liberal

• 0 replies

Offline Robert_C

• +0/-0
    • Moto Guzzi V7
Hello from Liberal
« on: July 27, 2022, 03:23:41 PM »
Hello, as I am sure that all of you can guess, I'm Robert.

I have been living in Liberal for about eight years. I spend quite a bit of time near Ft. Leonard Wood in MO, in fact, I rode out here twice this summer. In the past, I spent a lot of time in and near Salt Lake UT. Before that, I lived in California, but not the parts you see on TV. once I was about 16 I was in the part of the state north of Redding. That area is extremely rural, much more so than Liberal.

I started out in Southern California in the moped boom of the late 70s. From there I moved north and passed through a couple of Hondas. My first "real" motorcycle was a Honda CL90 Scrambler.

Jumping forward a lot of years to my last "cruiser" as Yamaha V-Star. I still remember that bike as the bike that taught me why I don't like cruisers. I got rid of it and a BMW f650cs, the belt drive one, entered the stable.

My wife recently decided that she was very unhappy about me riding a twenty-year-old motorcycle. I had to get some clarification on that one, "let me get this straight, are you telling me to buy a new motorcycle?"

With that, my current Moto Guzzi V7 found a home.

As far as me, I am a teacher. I had been out of the country for several years and didn't want to return to the job market that I remember from Northern CA/Southern OR, so I made sure I had a job before coming back, and this is where it was. I teach computer applications, personal finance, and robotics. I also spend time target shooting and blinding scale models.

That pretty much covers the personal Bio.

Hi All.