How many are going to this event ?

Attending
8 (57.1%)
Not Sure
6 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Linked Events

• 2018 Council Grove Round Up: July 13, 2018 - July 14, 2018

2018 Council Grove Round up has been scheduled.

• 62 replies

Offline Pixturethis

• +9/-0
    • 2019 Honda CB500X/ 2015 Ural GU / 2005 XT225 /1982 XJ550 Maxim
2018 Council Grove Round up has been scheduled.
« on: May 19, 2018, 04:12:24 PM »
This will be a family event, Friday evening will be Ladies night in and around CG, and also some of the Scavenger hunt will start. Saturday will be the Scavenger hunt and Dinner served by the city of CG at there fairgrounds. Hotel and camping will be available for all attendants. Prizes will be given out from Mid America Powersports, Cycle Gear, Dan's Cycle and B&B Cycle Restoration.
Would like to has a poll to see how many are attending, the City of CG would like to know so they can have an understanding of how much food to buy us.

Thanks marc

Note from Nick B: Scavenger Hunt information.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 11:46:22 AM by Nick Bright »
Loud valves saves lives

Offline Woody469

• David Woodward
  • +9/-0
  • Let's go make some dust!!
    • 2021 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin
Re: 2018 Council Grove Round up has been scheduled.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 06:02:52 PM »
Read 200 times and only 2 people have voted????

Not sure if I’ll make it or not but if I do it will probably just be roll in and ride Saturday and dash home so no food required other than a lunch stop maybe!
2021 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin (Backroad Brawler)
2003 Honda 919 (The N8ked Hot Rod)

Offline Dow

• +0/-0
    • KLR650
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 09:16:47 PM »
The wife and I are putting it on our calendar. As long as the Ural doesn’t break before then.

Offline hodakaharold

• +1/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 09:36:42 PM »

I suspect some will not vote because there is no option for not attending the event in Council Grove.

Offline Woody469

• David Woodward
  • +9/-0
  • Let's go make some dust!!
    • 2021 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 09:51:23 PM »

I suspect some will not vote because there is no option for not attending the event in Council Grove.

Read nearly 400 times now with 3 votes, that’s sure a lot of no shows!!! Lol

I sure hope that’s not the case! I take it your not going Harold?
2021 Honda CRF1100L Africa Twin (Backroad Brawler)
2003 Honda 919 (The N8ked Hot Rod)

Offline hodakaharold

• +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 06:54:07 PM »
I have no plans to attend the Council Grove round up. The Blue Stem Motel is the minimum I will do on a trip. Camping out is out of the question. (and yes I have plenty of camping gear, I worked as a Regional Sales Manager for the Coleman Company in the mid to late 1980's) The scenery around Council Grove was not as interesting like the 50 mile radius of Eureka.  I do however like the history of the Volland Store and wish I could stop again and check it out.  We will probably have a ride around the Greenwood County area sometime this summer.

Offline Savage

• +1/-0
  • NE KS
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 07:51:34 PM »
Subscribed.
Lots of good riding in that area!
Husqvarna TE250, KTM 250 XCFW, Kawasaki KLX300, Honda XR250R, Suzuki RM125, GasGas 280 TXT Pro, KX 85, CRF 80, CRF 70

Offline Derek

• Turbo retro-encabulator
  • +2/-0
    • [various loud orange bikes]
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 09:36:13 AM »
Marc,

Its a little early for me to tell either way- but i'll be there if I can! Thanks for organizing and planning this!
Growing up is optional

Offline ajayhawkfan

• +3/-0
    • 2015 1200BMW GSA
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2018, 09:01:23 PM »
I have no plans to attend the Council Grove round up. The Blue Stem Motel is the minimum I will do on a trip. Camping out is out of the question. (and yes I have plenty of camping gear, I worked as a Regional Sales Manager for the Coleman Company in the mid to late 1980's) The scenery around Council Grove was not as interesting like the 50 mile radius of Eureka.  I do however like the history of the Volland Store and wish I could stop again and check it out.  We will probably have a ride around the Greenwood County area sometime this summer.
Harold, if you don't think there is good scenery around CG you must of had your eyes closed.  There is a lot of great riding and scenery and places to explore. 

Offline Derek

• Turbo retro-encabulator
  • +2/-0
    • [various loud orange bikes]
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 06:20:12 AM »
Harold, if you don't think there is good scenery around CG you must of had your eyes closed.  There is a lot of great riding and scenery and places to explore.

Harolds just trollin', dont pay him any attention :)

Marc, sounds like a good ride! I'm hoping to be there!
Growing up is optional

Offline Pixturethis

• +9/-0
    • 2019 Honda CB500X/ 2015 Ural GU / 2005 XT225 /1982 XJ550 Maxim
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2018, 05:13:59 PM »
Thanks Derek, i'm sure if you can make you will.
Marc
Loud valves saves lives

Offline hodakaharold

• +1/-0
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2018, 05:50:53 PM »
Eddie,,,Does this mean you will be in attendance at Council Grove?

Offline hodakaharold

• +1/-0
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 05:56:40 PM »

Harolds just trollin', dont pay him any attention :)

Marc, sounds like a good ride! I'm hoping to be there!
Say what you want but I just putting out my thoughts. I guess I have the same problem that the Wichita folks have when it comes to attending a ride in eastern Kansas, it is a long way. Council Grove is a 2 1/2 drive from Fort Scott.

Offline Kingrider

• +2/-0
    • 2015 KTM 690 Enduro R
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 10:11:42 AM »
Marc,
It sounds like a great event, but . . . . I already have a commitment on that weekend so I won't be able to make it.
Good luck and I hope you have a great turnout.
Kingrider
2015 KTM 690 Enduro R
2020 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro

Offline ajayhawkfan

• +3/-0
    • 2015 1200BMW GSA
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 11:49:28 AM »
Eddie,,,Does this mean you will be in attendance at Council Grove?

It done not mean I will be attending.  It means I have ridden the area quite a bit and it is beautiful and worth exploring.