Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Ride Planning / Re: Flint Hills ADV - Labor Day Weekend
« Last post by Pixturethis on August 26, 2021, 11:46:40 PM »
Iíll have to see what work does, sounds tempting.
Ride Planning / Flint Hills ADV - Labor Day Weekend
« Last post by Nick Bright on August 18, 2021, 11:38:12 AM »
I'm planning to ride the Flint Hills ADV route on labor day weekend, posting an open invitation if anybody would like to come along!

I'm going to head out Friday Sept 3 late afternoon and meet anybody interested at Elgin around 5PM. Depending on who's interested and when they can make it, we should get out of Elgin by 6PM.

Riding from Elgin dipping through Oklahoma and back up to Cedar Vale for supper at the cafe, then on to Beaumont or Fall River Lake to camp depending on daylight/time. Camping at Beaumont is $20 or Fall River is $10 to $15 depending on what type of site.

Saturday will ride up to Council Grove (159 miles) or possibly Alma (244 miles), again depending on daylight/time - Depending on time, lunch at Strong City; or possibly roadside. Supper most likely at Hays House in Council Grove. If you can't make Elgin ~5PM Friday, you could meet up at the Severy gas station at ~8AM - let me know if that's your plan so I can make sure to not leave without you!

Sunday will ride from CG (~240mi day) or Alma (~155mi day) as the case may be, to Blue Springs, NE camping at the City Park ($7). Lunch likely at South Forty Cafe in Westmorland, KS. Supper at Doghouse Bar & Grill Wymore, NE.

Monday will ride home, don't have a specific route planned for that, but anybody who comes should plan their own route home for Monday from Blue Springs, NE. I'll probably slab most of it, as it's quite a ways back home for me!

Attached is my tentative route - subject to change between now and then!
Classifieds / 2017 African Twin
« Last post by CliffUp2 on August 11, 2021, 02:50:59 PM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
For Sale Auto GREAT BIKE Mile 5026 Total
Skid Plat, Crash Bars, Luggage Rear,
New TUSK Rack for Soft Bags in Box NEW
Camel AF Twin Foot Peg Support In the Box NEW
Dual Sport Tires less than 200 mile
Cash Only  It will be here for one week then Cycle Trader
DON'T MISS OUT     $ 9875.00
Text 785-375-7022
Ride Planning / Re: 2021 Flint Hills Stampede - Beaumont, KS
« Last post by will_kc on August 09, 2021, 03:17:53 PM »
I posted a ride report and a link to my route... scenic and not to difficult either.
https://www.backroads.bike/board/index.php/topic,482.0.html

Ride Planning / Re: Breakfast Run Sundays
« Last post by Nick Bright on August 02, 2021, 08:15:47 PM »
These need to get started again. Does anyone have some ideas where to meet?

Usually the breakfast is the meetup - Beaumont is at the hotel, Elk City is down town (you can't miss it), and Cassoday is on main street (you also can't miss it).
Ride Planning / Re: Breakfast Run Sundays
« Last post by Improvement54 on July 30, 2021, 09:57:47 AM »
These need to get started again. Does anyone have some ideas where to meet?
Ride Planning / Re: 2021 Flint Hills Stampede - Beaumont, KS
« Last post by Improvement54 on July 30, 2021, 09:56:45 AM »
Every year for the past three years, my daughters have had a dance recital during the stampede weekend. Are the ridden tracks from 2021 Stampede available? I'd like to ride from Olathe to Wichita including considerable riding through the Stampede route, but I don't know where you guys went..
Ride Planning / 2022 Stampede - Date Selection
« Last post by Roger Baugh on July 14, 2021, 06:45:26 PM »
Memorial Day & Father's Day weekends have been excluded.
The Grand Adventure / Re: Utah BDR - 2022
« Last post by Pixturethis on June 22, 2021, 08:05:08 PM »
Iím all for it, as Mike said if we get there early.  Just posted it for the others that havenít been added to the group and want to go.
The Grand Adventure / Re: Utah BDR - 2022
« Last post by Nick Bright on June 22, 2021, 03:03:22 PM »
:o I ain't scared!! But, just in case, someone should bring a shovel for any trail side burials!
I read this post when it hit the FB page and had similar thoughts. But they started entirely too late in the day. My hunch is, if we aren't able to hit the Lockhart Basin Road by noon, then bypass it. If we can get on it in the morning then we should have time to slowly work our way through. But, whatever we do, it needs to be a group consensus.

I think it looks like fun, does that make me a little crazy? :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10