• 1 replies

Offline Roger Nixon

• Slow Poke
  • +6/-0
  • Will work for farkles.
    • 2000 Suzuki DR650
KATVA FUN RUN Report
« on: April 29, 2019, 08:11:44 AM »
On Saturday, April 2th, the KATVA club had a fun or poker run from their grounds 217th and Highway 75.  Although it is an ATV club, motorcycles were also invited but we were a obvious minority.  When I rode up, I thought I might be the only one in a sea of 4wheelers but I spotted new member and fellow DR650 rider @JD Longrod at the registration area.  As we were talking, member Harvey Mushman rode up on his 450EXC and we were soon joined by Sean on his KLR650.  We decided to be among the first out to avoid eating all the ATV dust. 
Out first cool sighting, just past the gate, was an Amish family in their horse drawn buggy, we did a slow pass by them and headed on.  Very shortly, we came to our first minimal maintenance section with lots of ruts, water and mud.  I expected to take a serious mud bath but all us went through upright.  We had some other minimal maintenance sections but mostly we were on gravel roads for the 52 mile loop. 
The young man in the sweater and cap was the focal point of the ride.  This was a fund raiser to help him and his family with his cancer treatment.  Austin was looking good this morning and we all wished him a full, speedy recovery.

The above picture was the only one I took during the ride.  I'm hoping Harvey Mushman and JD Longrod will add theirs.
The KATVA provided lunch and riders were invited to try out their offroad riding area.  They were very gracious hosts and have a top notch setup for their members.
Weather was beautiful except for winds gusting up to 40 mph and we had a great time. 

Offline Harvey Mushman

• +0/-0
Re: KATVA FUN RUN Report
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 07:46:00 AM »
Had a good time and we had a good group. I think I counted a total of 7 maybe 8 bikes total, (4 in our group). I was glad to get started early. My poker hand sucked but it was all about helping out the cause. It was a good day to meet some new dual sport guys and be on a bike on the backroads. The video I took was too large so I took a couple pics from it below.