The Pony Express

• 3 replies

Offline ajayhawkfan

• +3/-0
    • 2015 1200BMW GSA
The Pony Express
« on: October 08, 2020, 09:58:21 AM »
In Sept. I rode the entire Pony Express from St. Joseph, MO to Sacramento.  I did ride report on ADVrider if anyone is interested:  https://advrider.com/f/threads/west-like-lightning-the-pony-express.1468237/

@hbadventure, there are lots of pictures so you can follow along as well.   ;)

Offline Jeff K

• +0/-0
    • XR650L
Re: The Pony Express
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 10:54:39 AM »
This looks fantastic!  I like how you find interesting history and experience it close up.  I ran across this report last night while talking with Birdman, and ordered the book.  My wife is interested too, so maybe some of this could be in a 4x4 pickup instead of my DS bike.
Thank you for the mass of RR's and history lessons over the years.  I've had several virtual adventures and history lessons from you while sitting on the couch.  I hope to do some of this adventure in person.
Jeff   

Offline ajayhawkfan

• +3/-0
    • 2015 1200BMW GSA
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 11:36:20 AM »
This looks fantastic!  I like how you find interesting history and experience it close up.  I ran across this report last night while talking with Birdman, and ordered the book.  My wife is interested too, so maybe some of this could be in a 4x4 pickup instead of my DS bike.
Thank you for the mass of RR's and history lessons over the years.  I've had several virtual adventures and history lessons from you while sitting on the couch.  I hope to do some of this adventure in person.
Jeff   

Jeff,  that is as nice a complement I have ever received about a report.  Thank you.

The book, "West Like Lightning" is a fantastic read with so much good history.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. 

Offline Nick Bright

• Server Admin
  • +9/-0
  • The orange Kool-Aid tastes good!
    • KTM 790 ADV-R
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2020, 06:26:34 PM »
Looks like an amazing ride! :D
KTM 790 Adventure R