Kristain Jones DR650SE
Kevin Jabjan KLR650
Tom Hunt Super Sherpa
Brooks Omans BMW G310GS
William Brentlinger KLX230
Bran Holmsten
Brian Avutgess (sp?)
and others with no waivers

The patrol left Beaumont a bit after 9 am for the first leg to Eureka.  Mainly minimum maintenance roads and a dry low water bridges.  One bike had to drop out at Eureka due to a mechanical failure.  Eight of the riders did not want to wait, so continued by GPS through 777 ranch to Teter Rock and Cassoday for lunch.  3 riders stayed in Eureka to secure a truck and trailer to get the down bike back to Beaumont.  Thanks goes to Kristain Jones for riding back and getting a truck and trailer.  The Eureka riders left just before noon on the route going north and west of Eureka.  We road a variety of roads to the open range east of Teter.  The open range sites were fantastic and just a few encounters with cattle.  We buzzed by Texaco hill and road through the lower roads on the way to Teter rock.  At Teter, Brian called to let me know the eight riders had made Cassoday and just ordered lunch.  We left Teter and road to rejoin the group.  After lunch the route took the group south through town to the 777 ranch.  After cruising the ranch (for some the second time), we accessed jeep roads to ride simple stone climbs and do small water crossings. The group made it back to Beaumont late in the afternoon.

Attached is a KLM of the track for those interested.
William Brentlinger
(Lead Gorilla on the circus bike)
07 KLR 30K and it's still going strong.
20 KLX 230 - The little green machine.

Offline will_kc

• Have KLR will travel
  • +1/-0
Re: 2021 Flint Hills stampede
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 04:24:38 AM »
P.S. I don't use FB,so if someone wants to link this post be my guest.
07 KLR 30K and it's still going strong.
20 KLX 230 - The little green machine.